Sunday, July 11, 2010

Got Mensa?

There are days and then, there are days like this. I'd like to say I was informed - that at some point during my upbringing, someone shared that days like this are out there and sometimes, without warning, they swoop in and play a series of games that would mess with the minds of many a Mensa member.

But, alas, seems I missed school that day.

Okay, I admit it. I am very naive at times. Things slip by me unnoticed on a fairly regular basis. Sometimes I catch them in the periphery of my vision, and by the time I blink - whoosh - they are gone. And yes, on occasion, I stare at them, bold as brass and then go on my merry way, feigning ignorance. Oftentimes, keeping my head in the sand is pretty much the only way I get through the day.

But, today. Yeah, today. Today, a giant wallop of reality has come home to roost and man, it's big girl stuff. I'll figure it out. I always do, and when I do, life will be good, or at least, more informed than it is now.

Yes, ma'am, information is a powerful thing.

But...just one question: is it a good thing or a bad thing that, at twelve, my daughter already knows about days like this?

*sigh*


2 comments:

Natalie Bowers said...

You sound like you need a hug ...

*hug*

Email me any time. xxx

Mary said...

I do need a hug!! Thanks, Nat. I'll email you!